[ Getting Started ] [ Search Providers ] [ Procedures ] [ File A Complaint ]
[ Country Statistics ] [ HealthCare Costs/Taxes ] [ HealthCare Abroad Policy and Trends ] [ Pros and Cons of Health Tourism ]
Why should I sign up for a patient account?
Questions to ask your provider before accepting treatment abroad.
- Search for listings and view email addresses of all organizations you are interested in.
- Make inquiries and send confidential messages directly through our system to organizations or email themselves yourself.
- It's 100% free and it takes only a minute to sign up!
- Track your search history.
- Receive email alerts whenever a new organization is added that meets your alert preferences and much more!
- See our Help Section for more
· Is the physician/dentist qualified? Are the medical facility and equipment safe?
· How will my post-operative care and any complications be handled?
· Are travel and vacation activities compatible with surgery both before and after?
· Will I be able to tolerate the pain post-operatively?
· How long is the recuperative period and when can I return to work?
· What are the risks of the procedure and the likelihood of each risk?
· What are your training qualifications?
· How many of this procedure have you performed? What has been your complication rate?
· How many patients have you treated from abroad?
· Get a local medical/dental consultation in the U.S. before traveling abroad for health services.
· Ask to contact referrals consisting of other satisfied patients.
· Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
· What will be expected of me to get optimal results?
· How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
· Will I need to take time off work? If so, how long?